WE ARE BACK!!!!
As of Saturday the 12th of September, we are finally back to regular training (with different session times) at Bedford Academy. There are however a number of changes we have had to put in place to abide by the Government and National governing body regulations. But they are all adjustments to keep everyone safe. Please read carefully below the following steps.
These changes are mandatory and if they are not adhered to, it will mean players will unfortunately not be able to enter the sports hall. There are no exceptions to this as it is part of our risk assessment.
- We have added the schedule of training into the TeamSnap group. This also lets you know the new times of the sessions. U12 (School years 3-7) & U16 (School years 8-11)
- On the day of training, all players will need to mark themselves as attending the session and to complete the 'Health check' questions within TeamSnap, prior to attending. The health check goes live on the app from 08:30 AM.
- Players will not be able to enter the hall until 5 mins prior to their session time. We have created a 15-minute window between sessions for the coaches to clean the equipment and playing area. Players will need to remain in their car or wait along the side of the sports hall before entering (socially distanced).
- The main entrance will now be locked and our new entrance is through the first 'fire exit' door. Our exit will be the opposite fire exit door. At the end of the session, players will need to be collected promptly as the hall needs to be empty and cleaned before the next session can begin.
- Prior to entry, all players will have their temperature taken at the door. If their temperature is above 37.8, they will be unable to enter the sports hall.
- Throughout the session, we will be taking quick breaks to hand sanitise and clean the basketballs.
- The whole month of September has already been paid through your March payments. Please don't reinstate any standing orders as we will be shifting our payment process through TeamSnap in the near future. For those who have paid more than their March fees, you will be contacted through TeamSnap as to which month your payments need to be reinstated.
- Players will not be able to arrive at earlier sessions or stay for further sessions. Players can only be on the court for their designated session.
I am sure a lot of you are eager to get back to some kind of normality but as strict as all this may sound, I hope that everyone can understand the measures we are having to take to allow us back to training. This will be going on for the foreseeable future and It is vitally important to keep yourself updated on TeamSnap as this will also work as our Track & Trace system. TeamSnap has a lot to offer and we are going to take advantage of all of its features. If anyone is having problems with TeamSnap or would like some help using the app, please message me privately on the app or email email@example.com
Thanks and hope to see you all soon!!
Bedford thunder ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Parents will not be allowed to wait in the sports hall or in any other part of the school building during the session
- If the ‘Health Check’ questions on TeamSnap have not been completed prior to training, you will not be allowed to enter the sports hall.
- We will be limiting our sessions to 28 players max
- Players will be training in 2 bubbles (Groups) and will not be allowed to switch between bubbles.
- Sessions will still involve skills/team development, including scrimmages
Please bear with us while we transition back to regular training. I'm sure there will be areas to address as we get back on the court and we will look to fix those as and when they come up.
Teamsnap Availability & Health-Check
- Why do we have to wait outside of the venue until the start of the session? - Temperature checks need to be taken prior to entering the venue. Any player with a temperature above 37.8 degrees will, unfortunately, not be allowed to enter.
- What do I do if my child has come in contact with someone who has COVID symptoms throughout the week? - Please don't attend the session. Message one of the coaches through TeamSnap.
- What do you mean by bubbles? - The idea behind the bubbles is to break the session down into smaller groups. Each bubble will remain in their own half court of the sports hall. Should anyone show COVID symptoms during the week after the session, only those players within their bubble will need to be contacted.
- What do I do if I am not completely comfortable bringing my child along to a session? - Please do not attend, no one will be offended in any way and we would only want players to attend whos parents are completely happy with the safety measures we have put in place.
- Can I stay and watch my child train? - Unfortunately, the guidance does not allow spectators, which means only the players and coaches are allowed in the sports hall. That is in place for all age groups.
- Does my child have to wear a face mask? - That is completely up to the parent and player. Please be aware it is quite difficult to play sports while wearing a facemask.
- What do I do if I have any further questions? - Please message one of the coaches on TeamSnap who will be more than happy to give you a call.